I am 32 and I struggle with Social Anxiety along with Myasthenia Gravis. I know it's a new term for many. It was for me too a few years back.
I embrace who I am. I have never restricted myself to talk about my illness. People need to know and be aware that such a thing exists. It's not fake or psychological as some may think. Rather a painful reality that the society chooses to hide in stigma. It's not a taboo. I have cultivated the courage to accept that in some aspects I am imperfect. It needs guts to set boundaries for yourself - to say 'no' !!
Everyone fights their own demons at some or the other point in their lifetime. Mine was a bit early though. I choose to be a warrior. No matter what I have been through, I am still here. Fighting my chronic fatigue everyday I am face to face with social anxiety issues in every aspect of my daily routine. I may have been challenged but Myasthenia Gravis (MG) has not defeated me. Neither will I ever let it !!
I have to make choices at every aspect of life. It's not a defeat but bravery to choose what is right for your health. Nothing is more worth than your own well-being. I have to fight against my body on a daily basis I am not willing to fight anything or anyone else. I need my energy and will to struggle for life rather than be involved in the stigma that people have against someone with chronic illness. I may not be able to do certain things due to my chronic autoimmune disorder, but that doesn't mean I should be deprived of any love or respect as a human being that I deserve. I am not my disease. I am someone who is fighting it valiantly !!
I love my family and friends.. cheers to all those who support me. I am on a mission to De-Stigmatise mental health issues and chronic illnesses. You make me want to live. It's your love that I get my energy drive from, to fight this demon of mine - my autoimmune MG. I call it mine because it is very much a part of my lifestyle. My daily routine is affected by it. If I invest my energy in doing one chore I have to literally snatch energy doing some other thing. I have a limited number of spoons and battery to use it wisely n choose the tasks that matter the most. This is very depressing at times. Not being able to do normal things that most people do quite easily. We take so many things for granted only to realise what they mean to us when we loose them. But I allow myself to be away from any negativity. I do not have to let anyone hurt me even emotionally or mentally for that matter because it will have a very negative effect on me health wise...triggering the stress associated symptoms of MG.. stress is one of my biggest demon. But to avoid stress and anxiety I have my own coping mechanism. Prioritising is the key and I have learnt very much to prioritise in life.
It needs a great deal to associate yourself with someone who constantly needs your love n assistance. Who needs you to lift her spirit every time she gets disheartened and troubled by her limitations. With me that happens often. But my husband does it wonderfully for me - not letting me fall apart. Love you hubby !!
I am equally grateful to my parents and to my in-laws for loving me... To encourage me when I find myself depressed due to many things that I cannot do. And not to forget my adorable granny n ever encouraging brother, my super helpful besties, my soul sisters and brothers .. my cousins. All of them have had a great impact on my life positively.
They are the true jewels in my necklace of life. Thanks for being there for me always !!
No comments:
Post a Comment